Instead of walking into a Halloween store (that probably doesn’t have anything appropriate for a work environment) we put together some ideas that are budget and work friendly. First decide if you will be dressing up as a group or as an individual.
Some employers encourage group costumes because they allow employees to work together while individual costumes give workers more variety and opportunity to be as creative as they want. Either way, dressing up or decorating for Halloween at the office is a great way to boost employee morale and teamwork. Plus…it can be fun!
Below are the best office Halloween costume ideas we have heard of.
- Late for Work-Wear your hair messy and clothes disheveled with pajamas showing underneath.
- Vending Machine-Dress in all black and safety pin snacks to yourself with the cost next to them.
- Spam Monster– Who loves email spam? No one we know…cover a shirt in spam messages from your inbox then print out “Inbox” in large letters to tape to the center of your shirt.
- Forgotten Lunch-Wrap yourself in tin foil then write your name and date on a sign to wear around your neck.
- Pencil– yes…this is a costume. Easily paired with a black shirt and a black pair of pants. Get it here.
- Sticky Note-Dress in yellow and stick a few sticky notes on you. If they fall off you can cut a piece of poster board and stick them to that.
- Bill Lumbergh-wear suspenders, a tie, and carry around a coffee mug. Easy peasy, and you can get the same coffee mug to be more authentic.
- Milton-sport a name badge with pens and pencils in your pocket. Don’t forget the legendary red stapler. Stay in character all day to give everyone a great laugh!
- Dwight Schrute-part your hair down the middle, large glasses, and a yellow shirt with a tie (or any earth-tone attire).
- Angela Martin-turtlenecks or sweaters with a long skirt is a good representation of Angela.
- Michael Scott-if you have a suit and tie then you are set! Don’t forget to slick back your hair for the full effect.
Don’t forget to check with your Human Resource department before coming to work in any costume.
What are you going to dress up as for your office Halloween party?